Most of the people always talk about writing a professional resume but cover letters are as important as the resume for Empleos Puerto Rico. If you have very little info about writing a cover letter, don’t worry! We are here to help.
What is Cover Letter?
This letter can be called an application letter. It is a one-page document that contains important information about job seeker like:
- Work history
- Key professional skill
- His/her interest in applying for the job
Your cover letter should impressive because it helps recruiters to screen your job application and probably increase the chances of getting a back call for an interview.
Also check out: Academic English Writing Specialization
What Your Cover Letter Must Have?
When you write a cover letter you must follow a basic cover letter structure that may consist:
- Introduction: Follow an impressive way of writing, don’t forget to mention why you want the job.
- Body Paragraphs: This section should contain your qualification and skills that make you suitable for the job.
Step by Step Process of Writing a Cover Letter
First Step: put your contact details at the top (header)
- Your full name with first and last name
- Professional e-mail address
- The contact number you are currently using
After writing your contact details, you should move ahead with
- Current date
- Full name of the person you are writing to with department
- Company’s address
- Company’s contact number
- The email address of the company
Second Step: Address the Hiring Manager with His/her Name
Using the real name of a person creates an impact. So instead of using dear sir, or Madam, you can go with a name for example:
- Dear David Smith
- Dear Ms. Smith
- Dear (name of the department if you don’t know the name of the hiring manager).
Opening salutation is important and it’s best to start it with the name of a person.
Third Step: Hold the Eyes with Strong Introduction
The introduction is the section where you can hold the manager to read more. So give your best shot. This section may consist:
- Job Title: the name of the post you are applying for.
- Company’s Name: The full name of the company.
- The intention of applying: Add some enthusiastic words.
This section should be eye-catching so you can add your passion and career achievements as Empleos Puerto Rico.
Fourth Step: Use this section to prove you are fit for the job
In this section, you have to include a body paragraph. Here you can be detail-oriented and can use more words so use this chance perfectly. Remember the following points while writing this section.
- Be bold and confident but stop being doing it over.
- Be honest and truthful
- Avoid irrelevant information
Fifth Step: Close with a request for an interview
Write your closing paragraph thoughtfully, be polite and confident. You must include:
- Thank the hiring manager for reviewing
- Briefly summarize why you would be a better candidate
- Show your excitement about the opportunity and
- Politely ask for an invitation for an interview.
Sixth Step: Use Professional Salutation while signing off!
- Some Examples of closing salutations
- Kind/Best Regards
- Thank-you etc.
And now type your full name.
Seventh Step: Review your Letter Once Again
Reviewing the letter, again and again, is the key to rectify the mistakes and making your letter impressing.
Was this helpful?
1 / 0