If you are a woman looking to make a change in your career, become an inspiring leader, or help other women reach their goals, then I know that you have heard of the inspirational female leaders. A quick online search will result in pages of information about them. You can visit their websites and read all the biographies and achievements that they have achieved.
But I want to present a question to you before you read the inspirational quotes and learn from their achievements.
Did you ever wonder what made these successful women stay in their jobs?
In other words, what was it about them that others liked so much? The world is a very sexist place and it is almost impossible to imagine a female leader steering her team without consulting with the other gender to make decisions. It is not surprising though when you consider that gender equality has been pushed aside in most parts of the world. In the US, it is still lagging behind other developed countries. That is why many inspirational female leaders have decided to break the glass ceiling and enter the professional field.
So what advice would you give to the new generations of women working in the hospitality industry? There is one key piece of advice and that is to never give up. Just because you feel overwhelmed, doesn’t mean that you can’t change things. Giving up at the slightest sign of resistance is the worst thing you can do as a woman. You must resist the temptation to give up even if you know it is the right thing to do.
Many people who seek employment in the hospitality industry don’t see a long way to go. They think that being a hotel manager or general manager is a dead-end job and that’s why they choose to remain in their current position. Well, a woman can make a difference both in her career and in gender equality in the workplace, but some barriers prevent women from achieving their goals in the hospitality industry.
Challenges For Female Business Leaders
The first biggest challenge facing women is the imbalance of power between men and women in the workplace. Statistics clearly show that women are more likely to be affected by discrimination and violence at work. This is why statistics show that the most popular occupation in the United States is hospitality. This profession is probably the most diverse and the most volatile because there are many dynamic personalities and dynamics within it. When looking at hotel management, the first thing you need to take into consideration is gender diversity. This doesn’t mean that a woman has to manage all hotels in a single state or that she has to manage a huge franchise.
Second is mobility. The hospitality industry is highly mobile. Many people are looking for work in the field, and you must have a global perspective, a global mindset, but it is also very important that you also have a local perspective and an ability to adapt when it comes to managing people. Management positions require people who can adapt and deal with the speed of the business and the lifestyle that is very different in one location compared to another. It is important to understand that the lifestyle and the pace of travel change very quickly and therefore management positions require adaptive people.
This is a bit harder than it sounds because, in the hospitality industry, you have to deliver superior results every single time. Women in management positions are expected to exceed customer expectations in every way, which requires a lot of hard work. If you are not prepared to deliver superior results consistently, then you will struggle in the professional world of management positions.
The Top Three Challenges for Female Business Leaders is a cliche, but it is still accurate.
The glass ceiling is still intact, and so are the numbers that come with it. There are very few women in management positions today. Many more are in sales or services. So what is keeping them from advancing to upper management?
Also checkout: What could be the Top Reasons for startups fail?
Inspirational and motivational stories
Stories like those presented by Allison P. Did you always want to work in hospitality? How did you get to where you are today? As a young woman in a management position, were you always committed to gender equality? These are questions that will help you determine your answers to these three questions. When you have answers to these questions, you will know what you need to do to make yourself even more marketable to become part of the field that includes female role models, today and into the future.
Challenges are actually Key to Success
Challenges faced by Business Female Leaders can be broken down into three categories:
Motivation, Communication, and Opportunity. The reason these are the top three challenges for women is that they are the key to success. Each of these areas has to be strong if women are going to have an equal opportunity to advance. Let’s look at each of these areas one by one.
- Motivation is the driving force behind everything a female manager does. The better a female manager is at motivation, the better she can support her employees and ensure that everyone is motivated to do their best. This includes male employees as well. In other words, if a female manager is great at supporting her team and making sure everyone is pushing themselves, she will be viewed as a positive role model.
- Communication is the exchange of information between individuals. The lines of communication need to be open and clear. The Top Three Challenges for Communication include asking questions, creating goals, and listening to feedback. If managers are not clear about expectations or the path for getting there, it will only confuse people and they won’t feel connected to the process.
- Finally, there is the third category of opportunity. Challenges for Female Business leaders exists because they need more support from their staff. If staff feel empowered, they will be able to do the tasks that need to be done and get the results that need to be achieved.
Also checkout: What could be the Top Reasons for startups fail?
How To Encourage Women?
- A good way to encourage women in this field is by making them aware of the different roles that they can have. The Top Three Challenges for Female Management can be broken down into areas like leadership, mentoring, and public relations. Leadership is the ability to lead and manage.
- Managers must also be excellent communicators. Communication is key in sales and business development. It also include listening to feedback, setting goals, and developing strategies. The right managers know how to set goals because they have specific needs for what they hope to accomplish. The right managers listen to their staff and understand that everyone on the sales team has a different point of view.
- Managing is not easy but anyone can achieve their goal. Most successful managers say that learning as they go makes them more effective. This is especially true in the field of management. There are no “classroom skills” to become a successful manager.
- It takes a combination of experience, training, and determination to reach your goal. The key to becoming successful is to be good at people skills. The right manager understands that he or she cannot manage just one person. They must effectively manage a team of people.
- It will only get worse if a manager does not continue to learn. If someone cannot learn something new, then that knowledge will be useless and ineffective. So, learning and practice are what will get a manager to success.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0