100% authentic key
1. Which of the following is incorrect about viruses?
a. Viruses are intracellular parasites
b. Viruses can not attack upon prokaryotes ✅
c. Viruses contain genetic information and have a capsid protein coat
d. Viruses cannot survive without a host
2. Poxviruses are:
a. Double-stranded DNA virus ✅
b. Single stranded RNA virus
c. Single-stranded DNA virus
d. Protein virus
3. Which of the followin virus has complex capsid that consists of polyhedral head and helical tail?
a. Influenza virus
b. Herpes virus
c. Bacteriophages ✅
d. Human Immuno Deficiency Virus
4. The viruses who can attack the bacteria are known as:
b. Pox virus
c. Bacteriophage ✅
5. To reduce one molecule of O2, ________ electron(s) must be passed through the electron transport chain and ________ molecule(s) of NADH is(are) oxidized
a. 1; 1
b. 4; 4
c. 1; 2
d. 4; 2 ✅
6. Which of the following is the correct pathway of alcoholic fermentation?
a. Glycolysis –> Reduction
b. Glycolysis –> Reduction –> Decarboxylation
c. Glycolysis –> Decarboxylation –> Reduction ✅
d. Glycolysis –> Link reaction –> Krebs cycle –> ETC
7. The initial steps in breaking down glucose are called:
b. Glycolysis ✅
8. What is net gain of ATP in glycolysis if it occurs during anaerobic respiration:
a. 2 ATP/glucose molecule ✅
b. 4 ATP/glucose molecule
c. 6 ATP/glucose molecule
d. 8 ATP/glucose molecule
9. The Tertiary structure of protein indicates its
a. chemical function
b. biological function ✅
c. physical appearence
10. Only one compound is neutral, other are reactive. Point the one
d. Pure water ✅
11. The temporary storage of energy in the human body is
c. ATP ✅
12. The palmitic acid melt at___
a. 8 C
c. 63.1C ✅
d. 7 C
13. Amylopectin ______ and insoluble in ______
a. branched sugar , water ✅
b. unbranched sugar, ethnol
c. branched sugar, cold water
d. unbranched sugar, hot
14. Reducing sugar among the following is
a. galactose ✅
b. gluconic acid
15. Cellulose is ______
a. hexose polysaccharide ✅
b. heptose polysaccharide
16. Which of the following is responsible for giving firmness and box-like shape to plant cells?
a. Cell wall ✅
b. Cell wall and vacuole
c. Nucleus and vacuole
d. Cell membrane
17. Golgi complex was discovered by which scientist?
a. Robert Brown
b. Camillo Golgi ✅
c. De Duve
d. Robert Hooke
18. Which of these is the right combination of molecules which make up the secondary cell wall in plant cells?
a. Cellulose, lignin and xylem
b. Cellulose, hemicellulose and lignin ✅
c. Cellulose only
d. Cellulose, hemicellulose and pectin
19. Which of the following is the system of elongated sac like structures (cisternae) or tubes linking the cell surface membrane and the nuclear envelope?
b. Endoplasmic reticulum ✅
c. Golgi complex
20. Which one of the following can easily pass through plasma membrane
a. Fat soluble substances ✅
c. Highly charged materials
21. Major component of bacterial cell wall is:
a. Teichoic acid
d. Murein ✅
22. Carbon dioxide passes through plasma membrane of cells by:
a. Active transport
c. Facilitated diffusion
d. Simple diffusion ✅
23. Which part of the hind brain is responsible in regulating breathing patterns?
a. Medulla oblongata
c. Brain stem
d. Pons ✅
24. What is the change in the resting potential when a neuron fires a nerve impulse?
a. It becomes more negative moving from cell body to the axon
b. It becomes more positive moving from the cell body to the axon ✅
c. It becomes more negative moving from the axon to the cell body
d. It becomes more positive moving from the axon to the cell body
25. When a neuron’s membrane potentials is between – 70 mV and – 90 mV, it is said to be in a state of:
b. Hyperpolarization ✅
d. No polarization
26. Addison’s disease occurs because of under-secretion of which hormone?
a. Antidiuretic hormone
c. Corticosterone ✅
d. Melanophore-stimulating hormone
27. Function of insulin:
a. Promoting hydrolysis of glycogen
b. Increasing the rate of fat breakdown
c. Promoting conversion of glucose into protein
d. Reduces the blood glucose level ✅
28. In terms of their effects on metabolism, all of them are mismatched except:
a. Secretin, gastrin, insulin
b. Secretin, gastrin, glucagon
c. Oestrogen, progesterone, oxytocin ✅
d. Follicle stimulating hormone, somatotrophic hormone, adrenocorticotrophic hormone
29. Diffused nervous system is present in which animal group?
c. Cnidaria ✅
30. Saccoglossus belongs to which group of invertebrates?
d. Hemichordates ✅
31. What is correct about triploblastic animals?
a. They all show bilateral symmetry. ✅
b. They show radial as well as bilateral symmetry.
c. They are all protostomes.
d. They are all deuterostomes.
32. Which features identify deuterostomes?
a. Blastopore makes the mouth.
b. Zygote divides spirally.
c. Mesoderm forms from the developing gut. ✅
d. Fate of each blastomere is pre-determined
33. What is correct about the active site of an enzyme?
a. It detaches itself from the product after catalysis ✅
b. It is similar in shape to the substrate
c. It is involved in feedback inhibition
d. It is involved in irreversible, non-competitive inhibition
34. Optimum pH for salivary amylase is:
b. 6.8 ✅
35. Optimum pH for salivary amylase is:
b. 6.8 ✅
36. Enzymes have capacity to change the:
a. Concentration of substrate in the reaction system
b. Temperature of the reaction system ✅
c. pH of the reaction system
d. Concentration of inhibitor
37. Catalysts that increase the rate of a biological chemical reaction are called?
c. Enzymes ✅
38. The origin of new species from already existing species over a period of time is called:
b. Evolution ✅
d. Special creation
39. Homologous organs indicate the:
a. Convergent evolution
b. Divergent evolution ✅
d. Artificial selection
40. The variations in individuals that lead to evolution are because of differences in their:
a. Genes ✅
d. Acquired characters
41. Evolution is the process that demonstrates:
a. How characters are passed from one generation to the next
b. How organisms perform their activities in a different environment
c. How new species originate from existing species. ✅
d. How new species are formed especially and specifically by the nature
42. Which of the following enzyme is absent in pancreatic juice?
b. Erepsin ✅
43. A condition characterized by bouts of over eating fattening food is called:
c. Bulimia nervosa ✅
44. Incomplete or imperfect digestion is called:
c. Bulimia nervosa
d. Dyspepsia ✅
45. The osmotic pressure of blood is maintained by:
a. Membrane proteins
b. Fibrous proteins
c. Plasma proteins ✅
46. Concentration of bile is the function of which body part?
b. Gallbladder ✅
47. Which one is a contagious disease?
a. Lung cancer
c. Pulmonary tuberculosis ✅
48. Which cells protect stomach wall by producing mucus?
a. Mucus cells ✅
b. Chief cells
c. Zymogen cells
d. Endocrine cells
49. Which of the following is a circular, double-stranded DNA molecule present in some bacterial cells?
b. Plasmids ✅
50. Which of the following provides resistance against some antibiotics such as beta-lactam?
a. Gram-negative cell wall
c. Slime ✅
51. A very delicate surrounding that may result in death of bacteria if damaged is called :
c. Cell membrane ✅
d. Cell wall
52. Protein factories in prokaryotic cell are:
b. Ribosomes ✅
53. During sterilization process, in order to control pathogens, we use dry heat which causes
a. Oxidations of bacterial compounds ✅
b. Coagulation of bacterial proteins
c. Separate the bacteria from their media
d. Decrease in bacterial growth
54. Where does fertilization occur in human body?
c. Fallopian tube ✅
55. Proliferative phase is also termed as:
a. Secretory phase
b. Menstruations phase
c. Follicular or preovulatory phase ✅
d. Secondary phase
56. The uterus of the female reproductive system opens into the?
c. Cervix ✅
57. What is the function of the fluid secreted by Sertoli cells?
a. Stimulate spermatogenesis
b. Stimulates secondary sexual development.
c. Provides nourishment to sperms ✅
d. Inhibit spermatogenesis
58. Which of the following is the part of the male reproductive system?
b. Leydig cells ✅
d. Corpus luteum
59. Which of these is a type of arthritis that is primarily due to aging?
a. Septic arthritis
b. Rheumatoid arthritis
c. Osteoarthritis ✅
d. Rheumatoid and osteo arthritis
60. Septic arthritis is caused by:
b. Bacteria ✅
d. Physical contact
61. What is the meaning of articulation?
a. Connections between joints
b. Connections between cartilages
c. Connections between bones ✅
d. Connections between muscles
62. Synovial cavities are filled with:
c. Synovial fluids ✅
63. Mendel’s idea that pair of characters separate during gamete formation is called:
a. law of Particulate inheritance
b. law of Segregation ✅
c. law of Dominance
d. law of Independent Assortment
64. Which of the following number of chromosomes are present in the somatic cells of Drosophila?
b. 8 ✅
65. A testcross is performed:
a. Only with hybrids
b. Only with pure types
c. Only between recessives
d. To determine whether an organism is heterozygous or homozygous dominant ✅
66. One map unit is supposed to equal to:
a. 1% recombination frequency ✅
b. 5% recombination frequency
c. 10 % recombination frequency
d. 15% recombination frequency
67. Albinism is a autosomal recessive trait. A woman with albino father marries an albino man. What is the probability of albinism in her childern:
b. 50% ✅
68. Phenotype represents:
a. Physical appearance of the trait ✅
b. Genetic make up of the trait
c. Normal trait
d. Mutant trait
69. Unit of time in FPS units is:
d. Second ✅
70. An eagle of mass 4 kg is locked inside a cage of mass 2 kg. If the eagle starts flying, what will be the mass of the bird and cage assembly?
a. 5 kg
b. 7 kg
c. 2 kg
d. 6 kg ✅
71. Force is a:
a. Vector ✅
d. Base quantity
72. If the force of 20 N acts at an angle of 60 degrees along the horizontal then its vertical and horizontal components are:
a. 20 N, 0 N
b. 15 N, 10 N
c. 17.32 N, 10 N ✅
d. 10 N, 17.32 N
73. A gun fires a bullet of mass 40 g with a velocity of 1200 ms-1. The man holding it can exert a maximum force of 144 N on the weapon. How many bullets can he fire per second at the most?
c. 3 ✅
74. A man of mass of 50 kg on the top floor of a skyscraper steps into an elevator. Assume g=10 ms-2. What is the man’s weight as the elevator accelerates downward at a rate of 1.5ms-2?
a. 460 N
b. 325 N
c. 425 N ✅
d. 475 N
75. If kinetic energy increased 4 times then momentum will increase:
a. 3 times
b. 4 times
c. 5 times
d. 2 times ✅
76. Minimum value of kinetic energy is:
b. Zero ✅
c. Negative constant
d. Minus infinite
77. Two spring having force constant in the ratio of 3 : 4, both the springs are stretched by equal force F, if elongation in first spring is x then elongation in second spring is:
c. 3x/4 ✅
78. A body is undergoing non-uniform circular motion, work done by radial force on the body:
b. Zero ✅
79. Centripetal force is provided by________ in a frictional road around a circular path:
a. Friction force ✅
b. Normal force
c. Gravitational force
d. Pseudo forces
80. Radian can be used to measure:
a. Length of line
b. Diameter of circle
c. Side of the triangle
d. Arc length ✅
81. The quantity used in angular measurement is:
c. Circumference ✅
82. Earth covers its one revolution around the sun in:
a. 24 hours
b. 7 days
c. 12 months ✅
d. 60 minutes
83. The distance between adjacent fringes will increase if we use:
a. Red light ✅
b. Blue light
c. Lowest order
d. Highest order
84. The velocity of sound in vacuum at 0 degree centigrade:
a. 332 m/s
b. 344 m/s
c. 330 m/s
d. 0 ✅
85. The unit of frequency is:
a. Hertz ✅
86. Example of mechanical waves is:
a. Transverse wave
b. Longitudinal wave
c. Both transverse and longitudinal wave ✅
d. Compressional waves
87. Microwave is:
a. An electromagnetic wave ✅
b. Sound wave
c. Longitudinal wave
d. Standing wave
88. Pitch depends upon:
a. Frequency ✅
89. The property of musical sound which differentiates between grave and shrill sound is called?
a. Pitch ✅
90. Unit of heat capacity is:
a. J/K ✅
91. Molar heat capacity is defined as the heat required to raise the temperature by 1 degree of _____ substance.
a. 2 mole
b. 2 kg
c. 1 kg
d. 1 mole ✅
92. Specific heat of gas in an isothermal process is:
a. Infinite ✅
d. Remains constant
93. “Electrical potential energy between two charges at distance “r”” is given by:”
a. (k*q1*q2)/r ✅
94. “”” Consider an isolated parallel plate capacitor. Both plates have charge +Q and -Q and are filled with a dielectric with dielectric constant K. We pull out the dielectric material, if the charges on the plates do not change, how does the energy in the capacitor change?”””
a. It increases ✅
b. It decreases
c. It remains the same
d. Insufficient data
95. Which of the following could not be the units of electric intensity?
a. Joule per coulomb per meter
b. Joule per coulomb ✅
c. Volt per meter
d. Newton’s per coulomb
96. Direction of electric force and electric field intensity for a positive charge is:
a. Parallel to each other ✅
b. Perpendicular to each other
c. Opposite to each other
97. The change in potential energy per unit charge between two points in an electric field is called:
a. Potential difference ✅
b. Absolute potential
c. Electric intensity
98. The electric flux through the surface of the sphere is directly proportional to the
a. Surface area of the sphere
b. Radius of the sphere
c. Charge at the center of the sphere ✅
d. Nature of charge
99. Electric Flux through the surface of a sphere which has a constant charge at its center depends on:
a. The radius of the sphere
b. The surface area of the sphere
c. The amount of charge inside the sphere ✅
d. The amount of charge outside the sphere
100. Current is a ________ physical quantity:
a. Scalar Quantity ✅
b. Vector Quantity
c. Variable Quantity
d. Constant Quantity
101. Steady current does not change with respect to ________.
c. Time ✅
d. Potential Difference
102. Ohm’s Law is applicable only when the temperature is:
b. Absolute Zero
c. Constant ✅
103. The resistivity of a substance is defined as the resistance of a ______ of that substance.
b. Meter Square
c. Meter Cube ✅
104. Resistance of a conductor depends upon:
b. Nature of a conductor
d. Color ✅
105. A terminal potential difference of a cell:
a. Increases with increase in its internal resistance
b. decrease with an increase in internal resistance ✅
c. Is independent of its internal resistance
d. Varies exponentially with resistance
106. The study of magnets is called:
b. Magnetism ✅
d. Current electricity
107. If the current in the wire is doubled then the magnetic field would be:
b. Remain same
d. Double ✅
108. The magnetic flux density is:
a. Magnetic field lines per unit area ✅
b. Magnetic field lines per unit volume
c. Electric field lines per unit area
d. Electric field lines per unit volume
109. Current produced by the moving coil is called:
a. Induced current ✅
b. Direct current
c. Polarized current
d. No Current
110. Self-inductance of a coil does not depend upon:
b. Current ✅
c. Number of turns
d. Area of coil
111. The negative sign in Lenz’s law indicates that the induced emf opposes the rate of change of:
a. Electric flux
b. Magnetic flux ✅
c. Electric field
d. Magnetic field
112. The mechanical energy of our hand used to push the magnet towards or away from the coil results into:
a. Heat energy
b. Potential energy
c. Electrical energy ✅
d. Mechanical energy
113. In step down transformer, the current in the secondary coil is ____ than the current in the primary coil:
c. Greater ✅
114. Transistors can be used as:
a. Half wave rectifier
b. Full wave rectifier
d. Switch ✅
115. Among the following four spectral regions, which photon has the highest energy?
d. Ultraviolet ✅
116. A three-dimensional image is achieved by scanning the surface with a focused beam of electrons:
a. Sem ✅
117. Planck’s constant is analogous to:
b. Wave nature
c. Angular momentum ✅
d. Linear momentum
118. The units for absorption power is:
d. No Units ✅
119. X-rays are also known as:
a. Low energy Invisible Photons
b. High energy Visible Photons
c. High energy Invisible Photons ✅
d. Low energy Visible Photons
120. The x-rays used in the medical field have ____ intensity:
b. Low ✅
d. Very high
121. The ordinary TV screen made of cathode tube emits:
a. Cathode rays ✅
b. Anode rays
c. Gamma rays
d. It emits no radiation
122. What is the relationship between the half-life of a radioactive isotope and its wavelength?
a. They are equal in magnitude
b. They are directly proportional
c. They are inversely proportional ✅
d. No relation
123. Which one of the following is calculated from the balanced equation during the determination of the limiting reactant?
a. Amount of reactants present
b. Amount of limiting reactant that produces the product ✅
c. Amount of product expected to form from each reactant
d. Amount of excess reactant
124. What is the percentage of C in glucose (C6H12O6)?
c. 39.9 ✅
125. A compound of boron and hydrogen contains 18.9% of hydrogen and 81.1% boron. The empirical formula of the compound is :
d. B2H5 ✅
126. The maximum number of electrons that can be accommodated in shell for which l = 3 is:
b. 32 ✅
127. The atomic number of calcium is 20. The electronic structure of a calcium ion can be represented as
d. 2,882 ✅
128. Using the periodic table, indicate which one of the following elements is the most metallic.
a. Rb ✅
129. Who named the positive rays produced by the hydrogen gas in the discharge tube?
a. Goldstein ✅
130. Gases behave ideally at
a. under normal temperature and pressure conditions. .
b. at room temperature and pressure
c. At high temperatures and low pressures, gases behave ideally. ✅
d. At high pressure and low temperature
131. Which one of the following is called a compressibility factor?
b. PV/RT ✅
132. Gases can easily mix with each other to form a uniform mixture, this property is called:
b. Homogenous Mixing
c. Diffusion ✅
d. Heterogeneous mixing
133. Which of the following substances has the largest intermolecular forces of attraction ?
a. H₂O ✅
134. Which of the following substances has the largest intermolecular forces of attraction ?
a. H₂O ✅
135. Which solids are also called as Atomic solids?
a. Ionic solids
b. Covalent solids ✅
c. Molecular solids
d. Metallic solids
136. Malleability is the property of metals. which means _____?
a. Drawn into wires
b. Converted into sheets ✅
c. Drawn into wires and converted into sheets
137. The addition of an Acid or H+ ions to Acetic Acid buffer will
a. Increase the pH
b. Decrease the pH
c. have no effect on the pH ✅
d. Both A and B
138. Ksp (Solubility product) depends upon
b. Concentration ✅
139. Addition of extra CH3COONa in acetate buffer soluton will:
a. Decrease pH
b. Have no effect on pH ✅
c. Increase pH
d. First Increase then decrease
140. What is the unit of slope obtained from Arrhenius equation?
a. K ✅
b. J/mol K
141. Number of molecules possessing Ea Activation Energy can be increased by
a. Adding a Catalyst
b. Increasing the volume
c. Increasing Temperature ✅
d. Increasing Number of Moles of Reactants
142. Which one of the following is the correct demonstration of first law of thermodynamics?
a. ∆H= qw
b. ∆H=q – ∆P∆V
c. ∆H=q + w
d. ∆E = q + w ✅
143. In the air, N2 and O2 occur naturally but they do not react to form oxides of nitrogen because
a. oxides of nitrogen are unstable
b. catalyst is required for the reaction
c. the reaction is endothermic ✅
d. N2 and O2 do not react with each other
144. In the electrolysis of fused salt, where does the cations move?
a. Move towards anode and discharge on it
b. Move towards Cathode and discharge on it ✅
c. Move towards cathode,gain electron and dissolve in solution
d. Both a and b
145. In ion electron method of balancing equations , how oxygen is balanced?
a. O is balanced by adding O₂
b. O is balanced by adding H₂O ✅
c. O is balanced by adding OH
d. All the ways are used
146. Which of the following orbital has lower energy?
a. Anti bonding molecular orbital
b. Anti bonding atomic orbitals
c. Bonding half filled orbitals
d. Bonding molecular orbital ✅
147. In the gaseous phase, when ionization takes place ____________ are isolated and are free from all external influences.
a. atoms and molecule
b. atom and cation
c. atom and anion
d. atom and ion ✅
148. The bond length of ____ is 174pm
d. C-Cl ✅
149. Which of the following substances is the strongest reducing agent?
d. Br- ✅
150. The increase in solubility of hydroxides of alkaline earth metals increases down the group due to low
a. Ionic size
b. Atomic size
c. decrease of lattice energy ✅
d. Hydration energy
151. Which of the following metal occurs in free state ______________?
a. Gold ✅
152. Which of the following product is formed by reaction of aluminium with nitrogen ?
b. AlN ✅
153. How many unpaired electrons are there in the Co2+ ion?
b. 3 ✅
154. Which one is an interstitial compound?
a. TiC ✅
155. The breaking of large molecules by heating at high temperature and pressure is called:
b. Steam cracking
c. Catalytic cracking
d. Thermal cracking ✅
156. Which of the following has anti knocking properties?
b. (CH₃CH₂)₄Pb ✅
157. Which of the following fraction of petroleum has the lowest boiling point at STP?
a. Kerosine oil
b. Lubricating oil
d. Natureal gas
158. Which of the following undergoes sulfonation the fastest?
d. Toluene ✅
159. White precipitates are formed when _________ is passed from an ammoniacal solution of silver nitrate.
c. Acetylene ✅
160. The termination step of the Halogenation of alkanes in the presence of sunlight involves the formation of:
a. Free radicals
d. Molecules ✅
161. The C-C bond length in benzene is:
a. 1.39 Angstrom ✅
b. 1.20 Angstrom
c. 1.34 Angstrom
d. 1.54 Angstrom
162. Benzene is more stable than hypothetical 1,3,5-cyclohexatriene by:
a. 150.5 kJ/mol ✅
b. 150.5 J/mol
c. 150.5 kJ/molecule
d. 150.5 J/molecule
163. The correct name of CH₂Cl₂ is:
a. Methyl chloride
b. Methylene chloride ✅
d. Carbonyl chloride
164. Which one of the following is a strong Nucleophile?
c. OH- ✅
165. 2-chlorobutane belongs to:
a. Primary Alkyl halides
b. Secondary Alkyl Halides ✅
c. Tertiary Alkyl Halides
d. Quarternary Alkyl halides
166. Which of the following reactions are given by alcohol and phenol both?
a. Esterification ✅
c. Amide formation
d. Lucas Reaction
167. Which of the following reactions are given by alcohol and phenol both?
a. Esterification ✅
c. Amide formation
d. Lucas Reaction
168. Which of the following reactions are given by alcohol and phenol both?
a. Esterification ✅
c. Amide formation
d. Lucas Reaction
169. Aldehyde common names are derived from carboxylic acid names with the same number of:
a. Hydrogen atoms
b. Carbon atoms
c. Oxygen atoms
d. Carbon and hydrogen atoms✅
170. The carbanion attacks the molecule of another carbonyl compound to form
a. an alkoxide group ✅
c. a carbanion
d. a carbonium ion
171. Fehling’s solution is
a. alkaline-cupric citrate complex ion
b. ammonical AgNO3
c. alkaline cupric tartrate complex ion ✅
d. sodium nitroprusside solution
172. Which one of the following is not an accepted common name?
a. Butanoic acid ✅
b. Formic acid
c. Propionic acid
d. Acetic acid
173. Salts of carboxylic acids can be converted into corresponding carboxylic acid by treating with
c. acid anhydrides
d. acid ✅
174. The flavor of amyl butyrate is:
c. Apricot ✅
175. Lattice energy does not depend on the:
a. Nature of Charge on the ion
b. Size of the ions
c. Magnitude of charge on the ion
d. Room temperature ✅
176. What is the value of lattice energy when one mole of an ionic crystal is formed?
a. Positive Value
b. Negative Value ✅
c. Zero value
d. Positive fraction value
177. “The old building is now a pedestrian ______. Find the synonym of “” pedestrian”””
c. pavement ✅
178. I must book a ______ for our game of tennis on Sunday.
b. court ✅
179. The ice is very ______ so do not walk on it, or you will fall in.
a. high ✅
180. Children always ______ the truth.
a. are speaking
b. speak ✅
c. will speak
181. He often______to school in time.
a. will go
b. goes ✅
c. will be going
d. have gone
182. I ______ to quit my job and have planned to apply for another one.
b. have decided ✅
c. had decided
d. was decided
183. She said that she was happy. Which type of narration is used here?
a. Indirect ✅
184. Choose the sentence with the correct preposition.
a. He was accused of theft. ✅
b. He was accused from theft.
c. He was accused off theft.
d. He was accused with theft.
185. We need to find _______ method to solve this problem.
b. another ✅
d. the other
186. We are still a long way from _________ home.
d. no article✅
187. Adil insisted ,we all go out for _________ cup of coffee.
a. a ✅
d. no article
188. They had to put _________ the meeting when the general director didn’t turn_________ .
a. on… off
b. up… off
c. off… on
d. off… up ✅
189. Choose the correct spelling of the word.
d. Recommend ✅
190. Choose the correct spelling of the word.
c. Annihilate ✅
191. Choose the correct spelling of the word.
b. Ignominy ✅
192. Many jobs today require that the applicant must be a College graduate. This sentence has an error of :
a. Grammar ✅
193. The applicant had some questions during our interview? This sentence has an error of :
d. Punctuation ✅
194. Which one is correct? Read carefully.
a. If it had not been this sort of a school, it would probably not have taken Chips.
b. If it had not been this sort of school, it would probably not have taken Chips. ✅
c. If it had not been this sort of school, it will probably not have taken chips.
d. If it has not been this sort of school, it would probably not have taken Chips.
195. A. Thousands of people were killed early in the morning along the coastline. B. Hundreds of birds suddenly flew away from the ground.
a. Statement A is the cause and statement B is its effect.
b. Statement B is the cause and Statement A is its effect.
c. Both statements are independent causes. ✅
d. Both statements are independent causes.
196. Statement: The vehicular traffic has increased so much in the recent past that it takes at least two hours to travel between the city and the airport during peak hours.
Courses of Action: I. Non-airport-bound vehicles should not be allowed to use the road connecting the city and the airport. II. A load of vehicular traffic should be diverted through various link roads during peak hours. III. The departure and arrival of flights should be regulated so as to avoid congestion during peak hours.
a. Only I follows
b. Only II follows
c. None follows
d. Either I or II follows ✅
197. From the following, which one is an odd pair?
a. Petrol- Car
b. Oil – Lamp ✅
c. Coal – Engine
d. Smoke_ Fire
198. Which of the following animals is different from the others?
b. Tiger ✅
199. Fact 1: A boy has four cars. Fact 2: Two of the cars are red. Fact 3: He has one sports car.
If the above three statements are facts then which of the following statement will also be a fact I. The boy has a red sports car II. He has 2 corollas III. His favorite color is red
a. Only I and II
b. Only II
c. Only III
d. None of the statements is a fact ✅
200. A four-person crew from Classic Colors is painting Mrs. Farhan’s house. Mohit is painting the front of the house. Riaz is in the alley behind the house painting the back. Javed is painting the window frames on the north side, Shan is on the south. If Mohit switches places with Javed, and Javed then switches places with Shan, where is Shan?
a. In the alley behind the house
b. On the north side of the house
c. In front of the house ✅
d. On the south side of the house
Was this helpful?
6 / 0