Do you have a website that you want to convert into an iOS app as more people spend their time with mobile apps compared to websites?
A study done by Forbes shows that Apple’s services will touch an astounding 50 billion profit mark by 2025.
This growth is expected to continue in the foreseeable future. All these data show that vendors who leverage the Apple App Store can rake in huge profits as it offers many benefits.
Thus, investing in developing an iOS app is an important business decision to reach out to your audience and offer them a better experience.
Benefits of converting a website into an iOS app
There are multiple reasons why you should convert your website into an iOS app. Some of which are given below for your reference.
- Better personalization.
- Send in-app notifications as well as push notifications.
- Leverage mobile hardware like GPS, camera, etc., for better user experience.
- The mobile app allows the user to work offline also.
- Leverage features like “Swipe”, “Tap”, “Zoom” in your mobile app UI which is not possible on your website.
- In native mobile apps are faster than mobile websites.
Now you have understood the importance of converting a website into a mobile app.
Now, one of the biggest questions that will arrive in your mind is; how to do it?
Here, we will walk you through the process of turning a website into an iOS app followed by businesses worldwide.
8 steps to convert your website into an iOS app
Here you will find 8 important steps about how you can convert your existing website into an iOS app.
The first stage is meticulous planning.
Here your project manager, IT architect, and a group of business analysts will sit together to finalize the features of the iOS app that you want to build.
- You should also choose what project methodology you should select?
- Choose the right development approach while keeping in mind the following points.
- Ensure foolproof security of the user’s data.
- Use cloud services platforms so that you don’t feel constrained by limited IT infrastructure management at your end.
- Create APIs about the core features of your app and use some of the top third-party APIs available in the market for the non-core features.
2. Streamline your development environment
The next step is to establish your development environment.
For this, you need to first select an MBaaS platform that would help in reducing the time to finish the front end, the business logic of the app, and creating & managing the backend as well.
The MBaaS platforms offer you numerous advantages some of which includes:
- Oversee the cloud infrastructure including the storage that would streamline your effort in managing the backend of the app.
- It allows you to scale the app as and when required.
- It allows you to add features like push notifications as well as integrate APIs.
Quick tip 💡: Check out our other blog for more information on converting your site to different apps ( like PWA, native, and hybrid apps).
3. Select and organize your development team
Selecting the right people for the website to iOS app conversion project ensures that the process goes ahead smoothly.
Some of the important people that you should include in your team include iOS developers who have experience in Swift or Objective-C, UI designers, DevOps engineers, and testers.
4. Choose the Right technology stack
Once you have built the team that would convert the website into the iOS app the next step is to choose the right technology stack.
Many powerful technology stacks are widely used to create iOS apps, some of them include Swift and Objective-C.
You must choose one which fulfills all your requirements.
5. Develop restful APIs for the poor features of your app
You should create Representational State Transfer (REST) APIs for the core feature of your iOS app.
Once the APIs are created, then you should use your cloud hosting account to host these core APIs and use a modern database for getting optimum performance.
You should use encryption, secure gateways, throttling, digital signature, and quotas to secure these APIs.
Furthermore, you should create effective rules and meaningful URLs for the requests and responses.
6. Leading third-party APIs for your non-core features
For non-core features, you can choose from many market-leading APIs available.
The reason behind choosing the third-party APIs for the non-core feature of your app will largely depend upon the nature of these features.
7. Design and develop your iOS app
When you are in the designing phase, then you should make sure that the UI is not only user-friendly but also attractive.
For this, you must follow the Human Interface guidelines, create beautiful icons, choose an attractive color scheme, create an easy navigation menu pattern et cetera.
8. Test your app
This is the last stage in which you do the verification and validation. You must thoroughly review your code to find all the bugs and check whether there are any security vulnerabilities.
Make sure that the code you have written follows the right standards and guidelines and delivers the intended functions.
Once you have tested your app on various parameters, it is time to publish it in the Apple App Store following all the guidelines of the store.
The article shows the importance of having an iOS app to improve the engagement of your business. It also shows how you can convert your existing website into a highly functional and feature-rich iOS app.
You must contact a reputable iOS app development company that has vast experience in converting websites into iOS apps at very competitive prices.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0