As science discovers how interconnected our body systems are, holistic health is often defined as a more traditional form of healing that looks at the whole person: body, mind, and spirit. It approaches overall wellness to understand the interplay between mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual health.
If you are looking for ways to adopt holistic health and well-being, we can help you achieve your goal. Read this article to find out about holistic health and how you can change your life with it.
Holistic Health: What is it?
Holistic health refers to a unique approach to life that involves multidimensional aspects of health and wellness. It is based on the belief that health is not merely the absence of disease, but it is the complete living balance of the whole person. With a variety of lifestyle changes and healing, you can surely achieve good health.
Importance of holistic health:
While we attain many benefits in these modern times, we also expose ourselves to potentially harmful chemicals in the air, water, and our daily use products. Our lifestyle choices cause enough stress, which affects our overall well-being. By focusing on all the dimensions of wellness, we can achieve holistic health to help combat the hazards.
So, here’s why holistic health is essential
- When you look after every element of your being, it ultimately improves your overall health. For instance, a person doing yoga can feel a boost in energy and better sleep patterns.
- You can often eliminate the need to use over-the-counter medicines such as headaches, flu, or other ailments by opting for holistic treatments. Because holistic medicine is constantly evolving, therefore, they will help you tackle minor ailments.
- Incorporating alternative treatments like yoga or acupuncture promotes your self-care level like never before.
Dimensions Holistic health and wellness
Wellness is the pursuit of growth and balance in the eight dimensions of wellness. While many people associate their wellness with their physical health, you can also use it to explain your environmental, mental, intellectual, occupational, emotional, or spiritual well-being. These different dimensions of health will interact together to help determine your quality of life.
So, Let’s learn about the eight crucial dimensions of wellness.
Emotional wellness is constructively controlling your emotions. We encounter negative and positive emotions in our daily life. It’s important to respect your feelings without letting them affect your well-being and it is the only key to a healthy mindset.
The environmental aspect of holistic health refers to the relationship between an individual and his surroundings. It can be achieved by protecting yourself from environmental hazards like noise, pollution, and ultraviolet radiation. It also includes organizing your personal and workspaces to reduce the stress that comes with the clutter.
Being in charge of your finances can save you from a lot of mental stress. Financial instability is one of the leading causes of problems among people; therefore, staying on top of your finances is essential for a better life.
Intellectual health includes learning activities such as critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving. You can apply these skills to a variety of creative pursuits, often to express yourself.
Occupational aspects refer to a job or career that enhances your sense of fulfillment and makes you satisfied. A job you genuinely cherish is vital to maintain your work-life balance. It also plays a role in improving your overall health and wellness. So, to achieve this kind of health, surround yourself with people who support your goals.
It involves eating a nutritious diet, peaceful sleep, and healthy physical activities. Physical illness can lead to a realm of problems. Opt for a healthy lifestyle for your physical well-being.
As said by Joseph Pilates, “Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.”
Social wellness involves maintaining good ties with your friends and family. A person who keeps himself disconnected prefers isolation, ends up in the dark pits of depression or stress. Healthy relationships with our social circle make us resilient and are essential for our well-being.
Spiritual health connects you with yourself. It is associated with your faith and personal beliefs. Being spiritually healthy comes with inner peace o a feeling of fulfillment with whatever you have. It relates directly to nature, meditation, prayer, and more.
4 simple tips to improve your holistic health
1. Get Enough Sleep:
- If you want to achieve overall good health, sleep should be your priority.
- Sleep is a natural healing process for our bodies; they replenish and restore during this time. Also, a well-rested body is essential for the mind to function correctly.
- Try to sleep at least for 8 hours because adequate sleep allows you to deal with your emotions positively.
- It also enhances the productivity of whatever task you are doing.
- Appropriately doing exercise is essential for achieving holistic health.
- You should learn about the right intensity and proper postures to get the most of your activity, especially if you have health concerns or are pregnant.
- Exercise is proven to help with depression, anxiety, or stress; a good ten minutes of work-out causes the release of endorphins which stabilize your mood.
- Ask your holistic health provider to guide you on the work-outs that fit your body type to get the best results.
3. Eat Superfoods:
- Avoid processed foods as much as you can. Most of the baked goods we eat are made of trans fats, which are highly harmful to health.
- Eating a healthy, nutritious diet is a vital part of any holistic health plan.
- Add superfoods like salmon, kale, berries, quinoa, flaxseeds, etc., to your diet plan because they help strengthen your immune system and contain all the nutrients your body needs.
4. Go natural:
- Let your skin breathe by putting natural, toxin-free products on your skin.
- Because the skin is the largest organ of our body, anything we apply to the skin goes directly into the bloodstream. Harsh chemicals damage skin and overall health in the long run.
- The holistic treatment promotes using natural remedies for healing.
Holistic health considers all aspects of your life, not just the physical, in evaluating optimal wellness to attain our highest well-being. Breaking the cycle of negative emotions, practicing relaxation and breathing techniques, enjoying happy times with friends or family, and even having faith practice are all equally important to eating and sleeping well and getting enough exercise in holistic health.
People also ask:
1. What are some complementary or alternative therapies?
Alternative therapy approaches include traditional Chinese medicine, homeopathy, and naturopathy. Mind and body practices like Acupuncture, massage therapy, and Tai Chi are also related to holistic health and natural health products like herbs, dietary supplements, and probiotics.
2. Is holistic medicine safe?
Yes, holistic medicine is safe if prescribed by holistic care experts, and it focuses not only on treatment but prevention of the disease. Many types of holistic medicine techniques are unlikely to cause harm.
Also checkout: HOW TO SURF YOUR STRESS AWAY
Was this helpful?
1 / 0